The spritz is a typical cocktail from Italy, especially popular in the Veneto region. Here's how to prepare a classic spritzer:
- 3 parts Prosecco (sparkling white wine )
- 2 parts Aperol (an orange bitter)
- 1 splash of soda or sparkling water
- An orange wedge or lemon wedge for garnish
- Take a wine glass or spritzer glass and fill it to the brim with ice cubes.
- Pour the Prosecco into the glass until it is about a third full.
- Add the Aperol to the glass until it is two-thirds full.
- Top off with a light splash of soda or sparkling water to balance out the flavor.
- Gently mix the ingredients inside the glass with a cocktail spoon.
- Add an orange wedge or lemon wedge as a garnish, resting it on the rim of the glass.
- Serve the spritz and enjoy it!
It is recommended to drink the spritz slowly, enjoying its unique and refreshing flavour. You can adjust the proportions of the ingredients to your liking, whether you prefer a sweeter or more bitter flavour.