An easy-drinking wine is one that is pleasant to drink, light and not overly complex. These wines are generally characterized by good freshness, low acidity and soft tannins. They are wines that do not require long aging and are suitable to be consumed young.
Some examples of easy-drinking wines are:
- Light white wine: Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris, dry Riesling.
- Rosé wine: Rosé de Provence, Côtes de Provence, Rosé de Tavel.
- Light red wine: Beaujolais, Valpolicella, Dolcetto.
- Sparkling wine: Prosecco, Cava, Lambrusco.
- Sweet wine: Moscato d'Asti, Sauternes, sweet Riesling.
These wines are often appreciated for their ease of pairing with a variety of light dishes, such as appetizers, salads, fish, fresh cheeses and not too sweet desserts. They're also great enjoyed on their own as casual sipping wines.